NOTE: This blog post only pertains to our hosted customers on the OnTime Now system. If you are using OnTime in an Installed environment, these announcements will not affect you in any way.
Today, we are announcing a lot of new changes that will affect your OnTime Now account and pricing in a very positive way. It’s quite exciting actually, so lets get started:
- Going forward, we are offering OnTime as 3 individual and fully integrated products:
- OnTime Scrum (project management & bug tracking)
- OnTime Help Desk (customer support and web-based customer portal)
- OnTime Team Wiki (dev team collaboration)
- Starting today, each of these products will cost just $7 per user per month.
- If you signed up prior to April 1st, 2012, your account will contain all 3 of these products automatically for the same or a lower price than you were paying before.
- Additionally, your account has been upgraded to include OnTime Customer Portal for an unlimited number of customer logins. And of course, we’re talking about the new and improved OnTime Customer Portal.
- We have also grandfathered you into a much lower price per user if you choose to keep all 3 products.
- I have also written a long blog post about the reasoning behind all the changes.
We have made it easier than ever to manage your account, adjust users, add and remove products or cancel your account entirely. Any OnTime administrator can now do this from inside of the OnTime product from the “Tools” menu by choosing “Manage Account.”
There’s also lots of other new features in OnTime V12 to be excited about too. Here are some of my favorites:
Redesigned OnTime Customer Portal (for YOUR customers)
The OnTime Customer Portal which allows your customers to report bugs, see your product backlog and manage support incidents, has been re-written from scratch. The new interface matches the new OnTime look and feel, performance and ease of use. Best of all, if you didn’t have the OnTime Customer Portal before, you’re in for a nice treat. All existing OnTime Now customers will get the new OnTime Customer Portal included as part of their account starting today!
We’ve also re-built and re-organized the configuration screens to make them easier:
Users can self-register (and you may optionally require approval before they are allowed in the system):
New System Options Screens
OnTime’s system options were starting to become complex. We’ve re-worked the System Options and consolidated a number of screens to make it simpler to navigate:
New Manage Users Screen
The manage users screen has also be re-worked to be easier and faster to work with:
New Projects Screens
Projects in OnTime are extremely powerful. Since projects can represent departments, products or any other organizational or product hierarchy, OnTime allows you to have different field templates (arrangement of fields and default values for fields) as well as different workflows for each project. By default, each project inherits the settings from its immediate parent making management of these settings extremely easy. In OnTime V12, the project management screens have been completely redone to make them much easier to configure and work with.
We hope you like what you see as we continue to work on making OnTime Easier and Faster with every release.
Stay on the cutting edge of software development by getting innovative tips, trends and stories delivered to your inbox every month!