A quick list of my predictions for Apple’s event later this week:
- Tablet device with following specs:
- Apple will not provide CPU or RAM specs as it will consider such specs unimportant (no need to confuse consumers)
- 10″ display with multi-touch
- Storage will be flash-based – 64 to 128 GB
- It will have built-in front-facing camera
- A new Tablet OS V1.0 will be introduced which will be different front iPhone and Macs (based on OS X, much like iPhone OS)
- It will have a store (like the App Store) which will sell content such as books, magazines and newspapers in addition to media, apps and games
- It will be a stand-alone device (in that it will not require a sync with a PC/Mac for content like the iPhone does)
- It will offer its own version of iLife which will include tablet editions of iTunes and iPhoto
- 5-Hour Real-Use Battery life (although they might advertise 7 or 8)
- Built-in Wifi (N)
- 3G Cell Service capable for both GSM and CDMA networks, but they will not announce the carrier yet (no need until launch)
- $699 Unsubsidized price or $399 with 3G service + $39/mo
- The tablet will have keyboard, mouse as well as external display support, but will ship with none of them
- They will show off the Tablet SDK and invite developers to launch apps and media content for it
- Launch of device will be in April to June timeframe
- No mention of anything iPhone related (no iPhone 4.0, Verizon, etc.)
And it will be an awesome device to work with OnTime V10’s new Scrum Planning Board.
What do you think?
Stay on the cutting edge of software development by getting innovative tips, trends and stories delivered to your inbox every month!