Each week we share a tip on social media to help you use GitKraken like a pro. For those of you who are just getting started with our cross-platform Git client, here’s a great overview of how GitKraken works in less than 2-minutes.
Now, here’s a round-up of all the tips we’ve shared so far!
- If you want to see just the commits for a specific branch, use the soloing function.
- Use GitKraken’s fuzzy finder to quickly open a repo, view file history, and more.
- Pull any branch, even if it isn’t checked out. Just select “Pull” in the branch actions context menu (you can also push the branch the same way).
- Resize the commit graph to optimize space for repos with many branches, even down to a single column.
- Scale the UI to your liking with ⌘ | Ctrl + +/-, the zoom selector, or the fuzzy finder.
- Forgot something in your previous commit’s message? Amend it by clicking the message in the right panel.
- Drag-and-drop one remote onto another to quickly create a PR without leaving GitKraken.
- Select multiple commits in the graph and easily squash them with 1-click. Use undo to reset if necessary.
- Use the fuzzy finder (⌘ | Ctrl + P) to quickly switch repos without leaving the keyboard.
Stay on the cutting edge of software development by getting innovative tips, trends and stories delivered to your inbox every month!