Hello there! Here’s the latest installment in our GitKraken Tips series.
11 GitKraken Tips
- To keep your repos organized, quickly rename project groups by double-clicking the name.
- Use the Fuzzy Finder (Cmd/Ctrl + P) to search commits, push, pull, and more!
- Three ways to switch repos: 1. Toolbar dropdown 2. Fuzzy finder (Cmd/Ctrl + P) 3. Repository Management window
- Need to rename a local branch? Now you can do so from either the branch context menu or the fuzzy finder!
- Select multiple files to stage/unstage and keep track of which files you have selected (in tree view).
- See all files in a project at a specific commit and choose to view either the full file or just the diff.
- Choose to dock the commit panel to the right or bottom of the view, regardless of screen size or orientation.
- When looking at old commits, you can now easily see how many changes are in the working directory and quickly jump to them.
- Staged and unstaged file sections in the commit panel can be collapsed to make viewing long lists of files easier.
- From the ‘Open Repository’ menu or the Breadcrumbs menu, you can favorite as many repos as you want!
- While you’re discarding, notice the context menu, you can discard all changes within a folder (in tree view).
Stay on the cutting edge of software development by getting innovative tips, trends and stories delivered to your inbox every month!