GitKraken Enterprise is the installed version of GitKraken Pro. Once installed on-premise, no internet connection is required and you have total control over your version updates.
GitKraken Pro, however, has all the same core features as Enterprise and needs no server installation. If you don’t have these requirements, GitKraken Pro is probably for you!
Government agencies, financial institutions, and organizations with HIPAA requirements usually have security policies that are best met by our Enterprise solution.
Our Enterprise Customers:
- Work in a sequestered, intranet environment where security requirements dictate that computers do not communicate outside of the company network.
- Manage user authentication on their network, and update GitKraken versions on their own schedule.
- Host a Linux server running a local version of GitKraken’s server functions.
GitKraken Enterprise and GitKraken Pro both offer the same features and functionality, but our GitKraken Pro users have a different network configuration and security requirements from the Enterprise model.
Our GitKraken Pro customers are spread across many industries and include companies such as Apple, PayPal, Netflix, Starbucks, Ford, and SAP.
Our Pro Customers:
- Integrate their remote repositories with products such as GitHub, GitLab, and Bitbucket.
- Manage subscriptions and users on our server.
- Get automatic software updates installed on Windows and Mac. GitKraken Linux users are notified with the message below, in the lower left-hand corner of their app, when updates are available.
Which is the Right Choice?
If your organization is not required to manage all services on-premise, then GitKraken Pro is for you.
If your organization requires your team to meet specific security policies, consider starting a trial of GitKraken Enterprise to see if it’s the right fit.
Stay on the cutting edge of software development by getting innovative tips, trends and stories delivered to your inbox every month!