Welcome back! We’ve got 9 more tips to help you navigate GitKraken more efficiently.
- Switch between dark and light themes in UI Preferences. We gave the light theme some love in v2.0!
- When viewing file history, select a commit to view its diff then click the commit SHA to jump to that commit in the graph.
- Use keyboard shortcuts to quickly stage S or unstage U selected files in the right panel.
- Shortcut cmd/ctrl + \ will minimize or expand the left panel to make room for larger commit graphs.
- Quickly zoom in/out of GitKraken with cmd/ctrl + +/-. Reset to 100% with cmd/ctrl + 0.
- Remotes can be fetched individually from the left panel – no need to fetch them all!
- Check out a branch 4 ways: 1. double click in the left panel 2. in the graph 3. in the toolbar dropdown 4. in the command palette cmd/ctrl + shift + p.
- Organize branches into folders in the left panel by naming them with a slash between the folder and branch name.
- With the left panel collapsed, switch repos or branches quickly from the toolbar, the fuzzy finder cmd/ctrl + p or the command palette cmd/ctrl + shift + p
Stay on the cutting edge of software development by getting innovative tips, trends and stories delivered to your inbox every month!